The treatment for uneven breasts is dependent upon the severity of the condition. Listed below are the three most common conditions and their recommended treatment.
- Mild Asymmetry with no evidence of breast sagging …. A small augmentation (breast implant) of the smaller breast would usually be sufficient.*
- Larger breasts with some evidence of breast sagging on the larger side….. A breast lift of the larger breast.*
- Much larger breasted female with a significant asymmetry…. A breast reduction on the larger side.*
The procedure for the treatment of breast asymmetry is:
- Usually done under a general anesthetic in our office
- The surgery takes about 2 hours to perform
- A return to normal activity takes about 2 weeks, depending on the type of procedure done
- This is usually considered as a cosmetic procedure and is therefore not covered by insurance.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Above: Patient 4 months after bilateral breast lift and bilateral augmentation*
*Individual results may vary. Plastic Surgery Clinic of Eau Claire DisclaimerRead more.